The Three Dimensions of Health and Well Being
Received Date: Jan 17, 2017 / Accepted Date: Feb 02, 2018 / Published Date: Feb 05, 2018
When discussing the meaning of ‘measuring health’, it is important to understand what health means. Therefore, according to World Health Organisation, WHO (1948), “Health can be defined as a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being, not merely the absence of disease and infirmity” . This definition indicates that it is really important to know the overall individual’s current health and wellbeing status by considering all three dimensions of health that is physical, mental and social health. When focusing on the importance of measuring health from a public health and health promotion point of view, it is important to highlight the definition of public health. “Public health is the science and art of promoting and protection health and well-being, preventing ill-health and prolonging life through the organized efforts of society . Therefore, measuring and understanding the health of individuals is very important, as it helps to keep people healthy and live longer, preventing and curing the disease by identifying and introducing the best intervention program which will work for the specific person.
Physical health can be defined as the proper functioning of all the external and internal parts and organs of the person’s body which allows the person to perform the daily tasks normally without any limitation . Good mental health means a person should be able to understand the potential, can manage the general and normal life stresses, can be able to participate in the society, and can be able to work effectively . Well-being can be explained as a positive feeling which a person experiences in the absence of ill health. It is connected with the accomplishment of an individual’s own goals and by achieving these goals, the individual feels well and good . Social health can be defined as how the person is able to interact with people for example friends, family and society. When a person is socially healthy, it helps him or her to develop relationships with other people and to make new friends in society. It also helps the people in career and enable them to live independently in their adult life [6-24].
- World Health Organisation (2006)快讯丨州保姆放火案二审宣判：维持一审死刑判决
- The UK’s Faculty of Public Health (2010) What is public health.
- Normalbreathing.com (2001) Physical health definition and simple body oxygeb DIY test.
- World Health Organisation (2017)河南试点建设10个智能化示范园区
- Naidoo J, Wills J (2016) Foundations for health promotion, (4th edn) London.
- The Den (2000) Friends and relationships.
- Firth L (2010) Smoking and health. Cambridge: Independence.
- GOV.UK (2016) The eat well guide.
- GOV.UK (2011)深圳版6平米鸽子笼出炉 地产中介称首付30万元
- Get Berkshire active (2017)细数中国陶瓷行业十八怪
- GOV.UK (2017)2016天津静海木家具出口实现开门红
- GOV.UK (2013)“流明”取代“瓦” 国际LED照明灯分类采纳中国标准
- Helpguide.org (2017)北京5324个开墙打洞点今年集中修补
- Mental health foundation (2017)香港房价连续17周创新高 成交量大幅回落
- Mind (2013)北京：住房租赁市场4月量价回落
- NHS Choice (2016) Stop smoking treatments.
- NHS Choices (2017) How to deal with stress.
- NHS Choices (2015)京津冀轨道“一小时交通圈”初步成形
- National heart, lung and blood institute (2000)发改委：今年前11月全国发电量同比增长6.9%
- Public Health England (2015)2014年LED照明产值达1788亿元 今年渗透率突破30%
- Public Health England (2016) NHS population screening explained.
- Slough clinical commissioning group (2016) Locality profile.
- Warwick (2015)我国新建绿色建筑占比仅3% 蕴藏数千亿市场
Citation: Khan R, Qureshi MSH (2018) The Three Dimensions of Health and Well Being. J Community Med Health Educ 8: 586. DOI: 10.4172/2161-0711.1000586
Copyright: © 2018 Khan R, et al. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original author and source are credited.
Share This Article
Siemens broke records last year by winning two awards for renaming its healthcare business Healthineers. Not only does it land the Martin Lukes prize for the worst combination of two words, the accompanying video, featuring a singing CEO and writhing spandex-clad employees, wins a gold medal for most embarrassing company song of all time.London, UK
- Total views: 13913
- 从B2B到B2C 整体卫浴行业迎来新“东风”
- Breakdown by view type
- HTML page views: 13581
- PDF downloads: 332